Thursday, October 24, 2013

Knitted Stuff

While I'm making a list of books, figuring out stash, and generally trying to get organized, I figured I should show off some projects. This is my Midnight Floral Lace Sock in progress from Lace Style. I liked the border pattern so much that I decided it should be the leg and foot pattern as well. It's quite a bit longer now, I'm almost at the heel. The yarn is a Cascade sock yarn, but no clue which one or which color.

These are pictures of my finished Haruni. There's a knit-along right now, and I'd been meaning to knit this. It's done in Malabrigo Rastita and is ridiculously soft. I only did Chart A and then Edging... (you will have an extra stitch next to the border and the center. I just knit them)
Rows 1, 3 & 5 (RS): sl 1, k2, *yo, k3, sk2p, k3, yo, k1,* repeat to last st, k2.
Rows 2, 4 & 6 (WS): sl 1, k2, purl to last 2 sts, k3.
Row 7: sl 1, k2, *yo, k9, yo, k1,* repeat to last st, k2.
Row 8: knit across
BO with lace BO


I really like this modification, I don't think Chart B (as stunning as it is) would have looked as good. This edging blends well and gives it a rustic feel which fits well with the yarn. My mom has already claimed this for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment