So I got no sleep last night, for various reasons. Mostly pain. But I did manage to finish a project, so check out the finished Myrtle Leaf Scarf.
This is it right off the needles. I debated blocking it because it does have a lovely texture unblocked. Even the wrong side looks cool. The next two pictures are the right and wrong side once I uncurled it.
And here we have shots of it blocking. The glistening is water from my spraying it. I generally block lace by stretching it out and pinning it, then spraying the crap out of it with a mixture of water and a little bit of fancy lavender shampoo (for the nice smell). The lace scallops naturally, which is neat, and the pattern itself is quite easy once you get the hang of it. In fact, the only real challenge is that there are no rest rows. The spines of the leaves are formed by the directional decreases slanting away from each other, which I quite like.