Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Between Lord of the Rings Online releasing a new expansion (hit thewownoob.blogspot.com if you're curious to see what I thought) and my continuing illness, there hasn't been much knitting. I've started the second of the lacy armwarmers, and I've also been working on a Chilly Morning Cozycoat from Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits. It's a garter stitch vest, in a pretty red. I'm still on the back, but am close to finishing it (the back).
Red Morning Cozycoat
I also fell down and swiped my credit card at the Knitpicks sale way too many times. A bit over 20 bucks for a sweater's worth of yarn? AWESOME! I also got a lace shawl kit (mmm, Estonian lace, how I love you so), and some back issues of Knitscene (because I really needed to add more books to this project). I've blown my yarn budget for the next year, at least, but I figure I'd pay as much for a store-brought sweater, without the pleasure of making it.

I also won some yarn in the knitterain KAL on ravelry, as well as one of her patterns. I picked AmillĂ«, and am stunned at the clever construction, plus it's pretty. I also want to knit a few more of hers, like Arlington, Biltmore, and Romanesque, she has some lovely patterns. Her ravelry designer's page is here, I encourage you to go and drool. The yarn I won will be coming from Two Tigers Yarn and I've contacted them already. I don't get to buy handdyed yarn all that much (stupid monetary constraints), so I'm really looking forward to it. They have some gorgeous colors (I'm in love with Dutch Oven, but I've already knit a shawl with a very similar color, see below).
Lehe Square Shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia
That's a sock yarn, and the hot pink is a crochet cast-on so that I could knit on the border. It's a FO, but I don't have any pictures of it finished. I should remedy that. Obviously I need to add that to my knit to do list, along with photographing all my stash, putting it all in ravelry, queueing up all the projects from my books for the Library Project, and learning to take better pictures. Eeep, long list. Guess I should get started!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment